The Cocoon Android Media Player HE414079 can be controlled remotely via an Android Smartphone app. This will provide similar functions to the physical remote. Please follow the below instructions;
Installing the app to the Cocoon Android Media Player
- Download the app onto a USB Hard Drive - Please refer to the attached
- Plug the USB Hard Drive into your Cocoon Android Media Player
- From the home screen of your Cocoon Android Media Player, select "Apps"
- Then open the ES File Explorer
- Select SD Card (in the top right hand corner)
- Navigate to the location you saved the app
- Select the apk and and click Install to install the app onto the media player
- Alternatively, you can install the app through the Play Store, please see below
Installing the app to your Android Smart Phone from the Play Store
- Open the Play Store
- In the top right hand corner press the magnifying glass
- Search for "Tablet Remote"
- The first app on the list will be called "Tablet Remote", made by "Tournesol"
- Install this app to your Android Smart Phone
Connecting the app to your phone
- Once you have installed the app to both your Cocoon Android Media Player & Android Smart Phone open the app on both devices
- On the Cocoon Media Player, click on "Set Up" (top left hand box) and ensure both boxes are ticked
- Navigate back to the main screen of the Tablet Remote app and, on both devices, select "Connection" (top right hand box)
- On both devices click "Scan Devices". Your devices will then scan to find what is available on your WiFi network.
- When the device has been found Cocoon Media Player will appear as ibox6601 on your phone. Click on the WIFI button
- Your devices should now be paired
- Return to Tablet Remote Main Screen and select “Remote”.
- You can now navigate with the controls on the phone’s screen