For Cocoon DVR Systems HE180106 / HE180040 (2019 onward)
Before connection ensure you have:
- Your DVR connected to a screen or monitor (not compatible with PC or laptop)
- Your DVR connected to your modem directly via a LAN cable
- An 'OK' network connection on your DVR (test this by selecting Main Menu - Setup - Network - Test)
- Your Device ID handy (located in the Main Menu - Information - System)
To connect your DVR to the Cocoon HD application please follow the below steps:
- Download the Cocoon HD Application
This can be found here - Android / iOS
- Register for an account
Select the 'Register' button at the bottom of the screen to create your account
- Log into your account
Once you have an account created log into the application
- Select the icon then ‘Add Device’
- Select 'device manager' from the menu bar
- Input your Device ID
Select 'Scan QR Code' to scan your QR code directly from your screen.
Note: Your Device ID can only be located via the Main Menu on a screen or monitor
Main Menu - Information - System
- Scan your Device ID QR code on screen
Ensure you're scanning the far right Device ID/UID
- Name your DVR system if you wish
Pick from the list of pre-supplied name options or choose your own name
- Select 'Next'
- Ensure your DVR is connected to the network and select 'Next'
- Your DVR should now begin connecting
To stream your DVR on the Cocoon HD application please follow the below steps:
- Select the icon
- Enter Password (if an error is received)
If 'Oops, connection failed due to password error' message is received, select 'Retry Password'.
Enter your DVR password.
This is your password set for the main menu of the DVR when connected to a screen or monitor
If you do not know this password see here