Setting Up Google Voice Control
To set up Google Voice Control for your Cocoon Connect device, please ensure that you have completed the following steps first:
- Set up and paired your Cocoon Connect device to your Cocoon Connect account.
- You will need your Cocoon Connect account login details handy.
- Cocoon Connect user name (email or mobile number) and password.
- Set up a Google / Gmail account.
- Download the Google Home app and log in via your Gmail / Google account.
1. Open the Google Home Account and select Add (+).
2. Select Set Up Device.
3. Select 'Have something already set up'.
4. Search or scroll to locate the ‘Cocoon Connect’ application and select.
Select Australia (+61).
Enter your Cocoon Connect User Name (the email address or mobile number you used when creating the account).
5. Select Cocoon Connect.
6. Select 'Link Now'.
7. Select 'Authorise'.
The Cocoon Connect Devices should now appear on your Google Home.
Each device can then have its name changed in Google Home and be given a room location in your home.
You can now control these smart devices by voice activation.
Experiment with commands such as “Hey Google, turn on lights”, “Hey Google, Increase brightness of lights to 100%”, “Hey Google, turn all lights blue” etc.