Unit will not connect to WiFi - HE180377
DEVICE CONNECTION FAILURE
If you are having an issue connecting your Cocoon Connect device then there are several possible reasons why this may be the case.
We recommend a methodical approach to such issues and that you check the following points.
- Confirm that the device is turned on
- Confirm that the device is in pairing mode (flashing rapidly)
- Confirm that the device, smartphone with app and the Wi-Fi Router are all close together
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi function of the smartphone is unblocked
- Check that the Router as well is operating and is unblocked
- Confirm that your Wi-Fi Password is correct. Use the ‘Eye’ symbol on the Cocoon Connect App password line to confirm this.
- Make sure you are connecting to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Router Channel. Cocoon Connect smart devices only operate on 2.4 GHZ Wi-Fi
- Ensure that your Router is running on DHCP. If you are running on Static IP then the IP address of the smart device may be blocked.
- Watch out that you do not have too many devices connected to your router at once. Routers have an upper limit on how many devices can be connected at once. Check your router’s manual for this information
- Check if your Router has a MAC Address filter. If this is the case it may be blocking the smart device and you may need to disable it.
- Check if your Wi-Fi Router has any other type of Firewall settings enabled. This could be blocking the smart device
- If your Wi-Fi Router is part of a bigger network, check if there are any Firewalls on the network that could be blocking the smart device.
- If the smart device still does not connect then it may be possible that the router is not compatible. It is recommended that you test the smart device with a second router to check if this is the case.
Tap the View Details for options and further troubleshooting.
This will explain more regarding the Default and AP Modes of the Smart Device