Setting up an automation on Cocoon Connect
Linking motion sensor to LED Light Strip
The Cocoon Connect App allows the user to create several different types of automations.
An automation is an inter-device synchronisation where the activation of one device turns on a second device. In this case, the instructions are for a motion sensor PIR to activate the LED Light Strip.
To create an automation for your motion sensor to activate the Smart LED Strip, follow the steps below:
- Open the Cocoon Connect Application and log into your account.
- Select the ‘Smart’ Icon at the bottom of the screen
- Select the ‘Automation’ button on the top of the screen and then the ‘+’ or the ‘Add Automation Scenario’ button.
- Edit the name and picture for the automation.
Each of your automations can be named to suit their function.
In this example we are going to call our automation ‘Motion Light’.
- Add a Condition with ‘Any Condition Is Met’.
- On the ‘Select Condition’ page click the ‘Device’ button.
- Select Smart Security Motion Sensor from device list.
- On the ‘Select Function’ page click the ‘Motion Sensor’ button.
- Select Alarm (to indicate the motion will be the trigger).
- Add an Action with ‘Add Action’.
- On the ‘Select Action’ page select ‘Device’.
- Select the Smart LED Light Strip from device list.
- On the ‘Select Function’ page select ‘Switch’ and then ‘On’ and ‘Save’.
- On the ‘Select Function’ page select ‘Mode’ and then ‘White’ and ‘Save’.
- Select ‘Next’.
- Add another Action as ‘Time-Lapse’ and Select ‘One Minute’ and click ‘Next’.
- Add another Action for the Light Strip under Device and this time on the ‘Select Function’ page select ‘Off’ and ‘Save’.
- Change the Effective Period to only ‘Night’ and everyday repeat.
Click the ‘Effective Period’ button at the bottom of the screen.
Under ‘Effective Period’ select ‘Night’. You may need to select your city for this.
Next select ‘Repeat’ to select your repeat days.
Repeat days can be selected or deselected to customise which days you would like this automation to occur.
- Select ‘Save’ on your automation when you are complete.
Your automation will now appear in your ‘Automation’ list and you can toggle this on and off.