How to Playback / Search Footage on your DVR system
To search for recorded on the DVR enter the Main Menu on the DVR and select 'Search'.
On the search page a calendar will be present in the top right of the window.
Dates with blue squares around them are days with recorded footage.
Select a date and click the 'Search' button above the calendar to populate the footage from the selected day.
On the left hand side of the screen you will see blue bars to indicate recorded footage.
- If the blue bars are solid the DVR is recording 24/7
- If the blue bars are randomly dotted then the DVR is only recording on motion detection only
Select a time or event you would like to playback and select the play button above the blue bars to begin playing back footage.
NOTE: For 8 channel systems, this will only playback four cameras at a time. Select the four squares icon to select which cameras to playback.
To check if the DVR is set up for motion detection recording only.
- Right click on the mouse when in the full view of the cameras on the DVR.
- Bringing up the small Sub Menu
- Here you will see 'Stop Record' or 'Start Record'.
Stop Record - This option stops 24/7 recording and will only allow the cameras to record when motion detection is triggered.
Start Record - This option is for 24/7 recording and will display small Green Squares in every live picture view of the cameras to indicate that they are on recording 24/7.